“Pamela is highly organized… definitely capable of cutting through nonsense and getting to the heart of things quickly.”
Noreen Warnock, Director of Public Policy
LOCAL MATTERS, Columbus OH
SOPHIAJOHN Writes is yours truly, Pamela Sophiajohn.
I have worked as an independent contractor serving clients from across the United States since January 2009.
My consulting services are based on:
- 16-years of nonprofit experience, and
- $14,000,000 of fundraising success.
And my writing style is built on
- Strategic, mission-centered messaging (crafted for your donor-base), and
- The power of clear, compelling, and authentic communication.
TYPES OF MISSION & PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Serving in a variety of positions, I have worked with over 40 nonprofits, both large and small. Their annual budgets have ranged from $100,000 to over $60,000,000, and staff sizes from one to 800+ employees.
As a generalist who loves to learn (and does it quickly), here is a summary of the types of missions I have been privileged to serve:
Access to Justice (Legal Education, Legal Assistance)
Adoption (Infant, International)
Anthroposophical Deathcare & Death Midwife Services
Arts (Art Centers, Performing Arts, Fiber Arts)
Biodynamic Agriculture & Biodynamic Preparations
Consulting & Depth Psychology
Domestic Violence & Trauma
Education (STEM Programs, College Scholarships)
Geriatrics (The Elderly)
Environmental Issues (Green Space, Water)
Families & Parenting
Health (Aphasia, Breast Cancer, Lung Disease, Neuromuscular Therapy)
Museums (Conservation, Exhibits)
Special Needs & Developmental Disabilities
Waldorf Early Childhood Education
Vocational Services & Workforce Development
I also bring successful experience with a variety of projects:
Board Retreats: Planning & Facilitation
Development (Fundraising) Plans
Fiscal Procedures & Guidelines
Mission, Vision & Value Statements
Organizational Capacity Building
Succession Planning & Leadership Transition
Volunteer Program Development
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
I have been a C.F.R.E. (Certified Fund Raising Executive) since 1998.
The foundation of my training was laid at THE FUND RAISING SCHOOL at Indiana University (known today as “The Lilly Family School of Philanthropy”). Examples of coursework include two one-week seminars entitled: Principles & Techniques of Fund Raising and Major Gifts Leadership Development. Also, my professional development was greatly enriched through the mentoring program of the Chicago Chapter of the Association of Fund Raising Professionals (AFP).
In addition to long-term memberships in AFP and GPA (the Grant Professionals Association), my background includes training in MEDIATION from the Chicago Center for Conflict Resolution and GROUP FACILITATION from the Institute of Cultural Affairs.
I have a Bachelors of Arts from Northeastern IL University in Chicago where I majored in English Literature and Education, and have a minor in Music Theory. (Yes, once upon a time I was an English teacher…)
- Grant Professionals Foundation (GPF): Member of the Board of Directors 2014-2018 and Co-Chair of the GPF Strategic Planning Committee 2016-2018
- Grants Professionals Association: GPA E-Writers Committee Member 2013-2014
- American Marketing Association: Community Service Committee Member
- Arts Place: Marketing Assessment
- Chamber of Commerce Leadership Programs in Albuquerque NM, Columbus OH, and Auglaize County OH
- Chicago Court System: Volunteer Mediator
- Espanola Valley NM Fiber Arts Center: Member of the Board of Directors
For more about Sophiajohn, visit: Client Testimonials