“It is always best to start at the beginning…”
Glinda, Good Witch of the North
The Wizard of Oz, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Films 1939
I like to begin client relationships with a free introductory consultation – also known as an old-fashioned “getting to know you” conversation.
Introductory consultations give you the opportunity to ask questions and learn how my services can benefit your organization. And they also give me time to ask a lot of questions (see examples below) and gather the information needed for presenting a realistic project quote and deadline.
For a free introductory consultation,
please email or call.
OFFICE HOURS: 9:00-5:00 EST (Greater Columbus OH)
PHONE: 614.371.2417 EMAIL: email@example.com
Examples of Common Consultation Questions
- What are the main objectives of your project?
– Who do you want to reach?
– What is the key message?
– What is the call to action?
- How does the project fit into organizational goals?
- How will you measure its success?
- What is your start date? End date?
- Who is the project contact person?
- What is the approval process for the project? Who has final approval?
- What is the project budget?
- For communications projects:
– What is the desired length and format of the copy?
– How much research is still needed?
– Do you have examples of similar communication projects?
– Does your organization have an editorial style sheet?